Old March 18th 08, 10:24 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Jeff and Stephanie Kalember

Default how long is you kick zone???

dang, that's one short kick zone - i bet those ARE fast skis !!
JKal.

wrote in message
I have a pair of Fischer RCS 202 cm classic cold, medium stiffness,
and my wax zone is 48 cm (19 in.) and klister zone, 40 cm (16 in.). A
small kick zone indeed. I weight 152 lbs which is in the lower range
for the medium stiffness. I like to have good glide and thus prefer to
work more on my striding technique to get good kick than to loose
speed because of a kick zone waxed too long. And I must say I am never
disappointed of the ski glide. It happens with my classic skis that
oftenly I am faster going down hills (in the tracks) than skaters who
also use tracks.
One consequence I noticed over time is that I must wax with a somewhat
warmer kick wax (1-2 °C warmer than other skiers around).

My 2c
RO