Old October 25th 04, 01:49 PM
Giles

Where's the most cost effective place to rent novice ski's in the
Breckenridge/Keystone area?

Even for an absolute beginner, it would be my preference to make sure
that the equipment is good. It should be appropriate to the user of
course, but far better to have good beginner skis than worn-out POS
beginner skis. And when you consider the amount of time and money we
invest in getting on the snow, the incremental cost is pretty low. And
perhaps that's why the question was "cost-effective". Another aspect
of cost-effective might be somewhere by the lifts so you can store
skis & boots there overnight.

Anyway... I was very happy last season with the rental service from
the ski shop in The Village at Breckenridge (base of Peak 9). Can't
remember the name, but it's right by the lifts, in the same building
as the hotel and a few yards from the ski school office. The steps
coming up from the lower level end right by one of the doors. There
are several locations for this store (including another one just a few
yards away in the building at the Quicksilver lift), but _everybody_
in that location was very helpful. Personnel change, of course, but
there seemed to be a good "corporate culture" there.

Giles Morris