Old September 20th 05, 08:05 AM
dardruba

gr wrote:
Micheal Artindale wrote:

"Leland" wrote in message
ups.com...

Micheal, is your question being misinterpreted? Are your skis useless
because you need glide wax, or do the fish scales no longer grip, owing
to wear. If it is the latter, your problem has not been addressed. I
would like to hear the answer too.

Leland

The fish scales are too smooth due to wear to grip anymore. I have great
glide, no grip.

And the solution, besides replacing is......

Thanks,

Micheal

Only thing I can think of is rather drastic; Moto-tool/mini-grinder use
to cut some new grip surface at the back end of the fish scales. The
tricky part is to not cut too deep, so some sort of guide/holder is needed.
I had a pair like these and kind of liked them for most snow conditions
(quieter and better glide)
gr

I'm a demon tweaker, always adjusting and re adjusting things on the bikes.
I did this trick on my Dynastar race skis, but I didnt have a
toolholder, just my nervous hand.
Over a period of time I got the local alpineski shop to nibble away with
their stone grinder at the front and rear of the fishscale section to
match my increasing weight and improved gliding technique.
Improving the grip of the remaining fish scales seemed an appropriate
tweak, but I didnt trust the shop to do that.