Old June 3rd 05, 11:42 AM
Janne G

Gene Goldenfeld wrote:
Thanks for everything, Janne! What you've contributed is so far beyond
the admirable, there are really no words to express the depth of my (and
our in the U.S.) appreciation.

Is there any kind of alternative, such as if someone else came up with a
server, would you be able to post there?

Gene

Hi Gene

I don't know anybody that have a 100mbit line and a storagecapacity
around 100gig laying around except the University for an acceptable
amount of money, do you?

I haven't given up it all but the service have definitly ended in this
fachion at least, but don't be to hopefull of anything the coming
seasoon, at least it will not be in the same form as before, that have
the University clearly stated.

Some mention moving over to bittorrents, hm, maybe, but that would also
include everybody in this NG to do so also and just looking at the
problems of just shifting the format to Xvid i would imagine that
bittorrent would be an even harder task to do.

Janne G