Old December 20th 04, 04:03 AM
snoig

As Monique said, the Basin can be cold and windy. I usually don't go
there until the spring. Since Palli and the East Wall are not open
yet, there's really no reason to go. If you do decide to go, check the
forcast and try to pick the warmest day of your trip.

I like Beaver Creek and the drive really isn't so bad. If you do go
there, try to plan it on a weekend since the crowds there will be less
than Breckenridge. New Years week isn't prime tourist time so things
shouldn't be to bad. It's the week between Christmas and New Years
that will be the most crowded. If you can go to Vail, I would pick
Vail or Beaver Creek for the weekends. Vail gets about the same skier
numbers as Breckenridge but has twice the lift capacity and terrian so
it will usually be less crowded than Breckenridge for any given
weekend. Better yet, use the weekends for other activities like
shopping, ice skating, snowmobileing or XC skiing.