Old November 1st 04, 07:54 PM
bri719

Mike T wrote:

Catek sells direct, so that shouldn't be a problem. Try sending Catek an
email ). I've ridden the Catek plate bindings, very very
nice indeed. My next set of "soft" bindings will most likely be Cateks.

to original poster, maybe try looking at some Drakes also. see previous
thread from last week, might help you for more background info.

the Catek's Freerides are really nice. I checked them out via web about
a year ago and said hmm expensive, but I still want some. you won't
find any "slightly used" or in the clearance bin from last year
obviously, but I've never even run into anyone on the slopes that had
them either so I could ask their experience with 'em - or try stepping
in just for kicks. the canting idea is great and they seem like some of
the strongest, lightweight, stiffest (and most adjustable obviously)
bindings around. I hate how all the other binding manufacturers simply
slap some pretty plastic together or fancier padding and declare them
their top of the line bindings, sometimes the price tag matching the
Freerides or even higher! quite ridiculous and I dislike anything too
plasticky which is almost all the bindings you find out there in stores.

bri

--

* enjoying the karma *
remove LKJSDFJSD from address to email