Old November 1st 04, 03:35 PM
Andy Sandford

Thanks for the tip on Cateks - had a look at their site, the reviews I've
since read rate them VERY highly!

Don't s'pose anyone knows if I can get them over here in the UK? ...and if
so, how much?

Cheers

Andy

"Mark Andersen" wrote in message
om...
"Andy Sandford" wrote in message

Hi

Anyone have any experience of this years Team?

(snip)

At the mo' I've got a pair of Salomon Malamutes that are a couple of

years
old and fit me perfectly - bindings are Drake straps. Problem is the

boots
are nice and stiff, but they make my bindings feel like they're made out

of
rubber - they flex so badly that they feel like they're going to snap

and
leave the baseplates on the board - minus the rest of the bindings...

and
me!

Does anyone know whether Malamutes are a good fit in the Teams and

whether
they're worth the money - or is it going to be a (very) expensive
experiment? They're £300 over here in the UK! 8o((

I ride in last years Malamutes and they fit into flows very well. I
was using a pair of Flow BX21s from a couple of years ago though. Not
sure if the Team would fit different.

Also, if anyone has any advice for other stiff straps I could try with

my
boots I'd be very grateful...

Look at the Catek Freeride or Freeride Pro. They are the stiffest
soft bindings out there; designed by a plate binding company. I moved
from Flows to the Freeride Pros and they are great. The ability to
cant the binding has allowed me to be comfortable with a wider stance
and now my stability on steeps is much improved.

The other benefit is in supporting a grass roots manufacturer. Call
to order bindings or for tech support and you talk directly to the
owner and designer.

www.catek.com

Enjoy!

Mark

I prefer freeriding, largely 'cos I can't spin and don't bounce like I

used
to...

My board is a Donek Wide...

Cheers