Old November 1st 04, 02:56 PM
Mark Andersen

"Andy Sandford" wrote in message ...
Hi

Anyone have any experience of this years Team?

(snip)

At the mo' I've got a pair of Salomon Malamutes that are a couple of years
old and fit me perfectly - bindings are Drake straps. Problem is the boots
are nice and stiff, but they make my bindings feel like they're made out of
rubber - they flex so badly that they feel like they're going to snap and
leave the baseplates on the board - minus the rest of the bindings... and
me!

Does anyone know whether Malamutes are a good fit in the Teams and whether
they're worth the money - or is it going to be a (very) expensive
experiment? They're £300 over here in the UK! 8o((

I ride in last years Malamutes and they fit into flows very well. I
was using a pair of Flow BX21s from a couple of years ago though. Not
sure if the Team would fit different.

Also, if anyone has any advice for other stiff straps I could try with my
boots I'd be very grateful...

Look at the Catek Freeride or Freeride Pro. They are the stiffest
soft bindings out there; designed by a plate binding company. I moved
from Flows to the Freeride Pros and they are great. The ability to
cant the binding has allowed me to be comfortable with a wider stance
and now my stability on steeps is much improved.

The other benefit is in supporting a grass roots manufacturer. Call
to order bindings or for tech support and you talk directly to the
owner and designer.

www.catek.com

Enjoy!

Mark

I prefer freeriding, largely 'cos I can't spin and don't bounce like I used
to...

My board is a Donek Wide...

Cheers

Andy