Old December 9th 03, 01:10 PM
christophe

Default Volkl Vertigo G4 Vs. K2 AK Enemy Vs. Dynastar 4x4 big ?

Hi all,

I'm about to buy one of the pairs of skis mentioned in the subject,
and I'm wondering whether some of you have some experience on those
and can advise me?

I ride in France, 80% of the time out of hardpacked slopes, where we
find powder snow (mostly wet/heavy), crud, blown, and I also like
moguls a lot ...
I jump small cliffs (up to 3 meters), but don't trick much (just a few
tip crosses).

I've been evolving from giant slalom skis (rossignol 9x) to freeride
ones (dynastar powertrack), so I'm a bit concerned with the grip of
those fat skis on icy parts...

My opinion, just based on bending the ski by hand in the shop:
volkl vertigo G4: very stiff on the whole lenght (for a freeride ski,
like my powerstrack), thus probably good at speed, bad in moguls, good
on hardpack, maybe not very easy in forests/short turns
ak ennemy: very soft back and tip, thus probably more confortable in
forest/short turns and moguls, less precise at speed, not much grip on
ice
4x4 big: between the two others (but I don't like the way it looks)

Thanks in advance for your comments,

Christophe