Old October 14th 09, 01:52 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Peter M

Default Ski buddies for adaptive skiing in French Alps

Hi Julia,
my name is James I'm 19 and in my Gap year. I have just passed my BASI
2 and would be interested and available to help.
Please pass my email address and they could contact me direct.

James Marsden.

"Julia Moss" wrote in
message ...
We had an enquiry via the website from two American skiers who are
planning a ski trip to France. They are disabled and use sit skis (they
have their own equipment) and hoped to find ski buddies who could ski with
them to help them on and off the lifts. They have made enquiries to ski
schools, all of which would charge the hourly rate as if they were having
a lesson.

They particularly wanted to ski in Avoriaz and La Plagne because of the
handiski facilities but I think they would be open to going anywhere they
could get some support and that has accessible terrain. They are prepared
to pay for the service, apparently they pay about 80 US dollars a day in
the USA.

Does anyone offer this service or are there any suggestions as to who they
could approach for help ?

Thanks,

Julia Moss

www.mountainpassions.com