Old September 13th 05, 04:48 AM
GeckoDisciple

and it'll be cheaper then too. Thanks man. Just can't see myself
spending $40/day renting skis is all. Would rather buy a really good
pair for $3-400 and own them. Anyhow, no big deal, family is more
important. Thanks.

Will you prefer something that's got a wider waist for better
floatation, or narrower? not sure. I want speed not tricks.

A deep sidecut, or a shallower one? don't know.
Wide shovel and tail, or wide shovel and narrow tail? Probably wide.

Do you like short turns, or long? probably both but in the beginning
long.

Groomers or bumps? Groomers probably.

Do you prefer a well-damped ski, or a lively one? In the middle, with
more towards lively.

Maybe just a full-on fat powder ski? This would be the pocket rockets,
I presume. Well, not really. I want to take on moderate powder and stay
on piste. I do not want to die first day.