Old March 15th 04, 11:29 AM
Switters

Default Digital Video/Still Cameras on the mountain

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 18:37:25 GMT, (Frank L Lynn)
allegedly wrote:

I have a Sony DCR-PC9 miniDV camcorder that I use for video while
snowboarding. Here is my problem, the LCD barely works while on the
hill, I can only see slight shadows like images in the LCD or the view
finder. I am thinking its related to the cold. How can I get around
this?

It's nothing to do with the cold, it's just that the LCD doesn't have a
high degree of visibility especially with the amount of UV being thrown
around the mountain.

Use the viewfinder instead.

Makes taking video a wee bit difficult. I still get some
shots, but its not easy.

I never use the LCD on mine, I simply use the view finder... this also
isn't that bright, but if you let your eyes adjust from the bright
outside to the viewfinder, everything will become clear.

You can even do it with goggles on.

I keep it in a case, in my jacket until I am
ready to shoot, but its still does not solve the problem. Also,
pretty much as soon as I take out my camera, it starts flashing that
my battery is dead.

My fully charged battery will last a little while even in very cold
conditions. Try and keep one hand over the battery when filming, to
give it a bit of warmth.

Anybody have these problems? Is there anything I can do?

Learn not to use the LCD It's the only way until you change
camcorders.

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow -
Securing your e-mail