Old March 12th 04, 04:57 PM
Joh Davies

Default Digital Video/Still Cameras on the mountain

Well my old miniDV camcorder actually got pretty warm when running, so
I didn't need it, however I don't see how it could hurt to tape on a
hand warmer pack since it doesn't go over 104F.

Depends on the type of handwarmer really...
There are three types,
smoldering heat IE charcoal sticks or lighter fuel these reach about
100f
Chemical One-shot these reach about 110f
And chemical re-usuable which reach around 140f

I saw some of the chemical reusable ones here
www.astrobits.com and I thought they would be ideal for my telescope
and or camera but at 54c (140f) they are bit too hot for my uses