Old January 20th 04, 03:12 AM
Joe Ramirez

Default Our snowboarding misadventure at Seven Springs

"Johnny K" wrote in message
sorry to hear that.. I just started snowboarding a few weeks ago, but
didn't bother with lessons or anything.. What i did was go to my local
ski hill (wiht a massive 200foot vertical drop), and brought my friend
(who, as chance would have it, is a snowboard instructor there).. He
just showed me some basics (after watching me fly down the hill straight
the first time).. He err, held my hands, with my board perpendicular
to the slope, and had me put my weight on the front, and watch how it
starts to go straight down the hill.

It seems to me that hand holding is an obviously useful tool that could help
all beginners. At least some instructors apparently use it:
http://atearl.com/ski/snowboard_lesson4.html

But I suppose it might be hard to use in a group lesson.

Joe Ramirez