Old October 20th 10, 03:39 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

Default Is skiing reverse camber-rocker tips skis cheating?

On Oct 20, 9:18*am, Evojeesus wrote:
On Oct 20, 4:48*pm, "Bob F" wrote:

Evojeesus wrote:
http://www.tetonat.com/2009/07/is-sk...rocker-tips-sk....

I'd be interested in Pigo's thoughts, judgeing from his thoughts on Snowboarders
"ruining" the powder.

Is he from those places where everyone must ski the powder in exact
the same radius turns so that the tracks fit side-by-side? Well, if
people have trouble dealing with other people's tracks in powder they
should consider investing in modern rockered powder skis

Not everyone must. But it sure is nice. And we've been doing it for
years. Since skis were 200+. The difference was that it took skill and
practice. The lowering of the bar WRT experience results in more of
those that can _negotiate_ powder but not ski it well messing it up.

It's not "my thoughts" on snowboarders that are relevant. They DO
change/ruin the powder. NEVER before snowboards were areas of powder
smashed down as opposed to cut up and still skiable. As well as the
area after new snow that is now smashed and wavy underneath as opposed
to just more "double deep" snow.

I'll have to look up those skis. I don't really know what you are
talking about. Are they the ones with both ends turned up? So that
they can ski backwards? Like we always could do anyway, but why would
you?