Old March 30th 05, 12:54 PM
Sammy

Gav wrote:

So... anywhere left where there's at least some hope of

half-decent
skiing _this_ weekend? With all the snow we've had this year I was
really hoping for nice skiing right up until the end of season but

the
incredible heat has put an end to all of that.

Cheers,

Gavan

Just back from Wengen over the Easter weekend. Monday was surprisingly
good at Mannlichen having snowed/rained all day Sunday and we had a
great morning between the pistes around Lager and Gummi up to Kleine
Scheidegg. Anything much lower was very slushy - we skied down to
Grund on Friday and it was pretty agricultural by the end. We went
over to Murren on Saturday and were disappointed that the long run down
from the Schilthorn area was closed so we were forced to take the cable
car down from Birg (not knowing the area well enough). I think Wengen
has a lot more to offer right now than Murren, but it is getting a bit
desperate.

So Wengen still had some good skiing in parts if you pick your areas
and times carefully and take what is on offer. A lot of people were
complaining about the slush, but I happen to enjoy cruising around on
the stuff.

If you haven't been to the Piz Gloria restaurant or Jungfraujoch then
these are pleasant afternoon/lunch time diversions if the skiing isn't
too great.

Sammy