Old March 30th 05, 08:39 AM
Steve Haigh

Gav wrote:
As per subject line .... was in Hoch Ybrig, Lenzerheide and Engelberg
over a long weekend the week before the Easter weekend and snow
conditions were awful in the heatwave. Even Engelberg had pretty crap
conditions below Stand.

I was going to go to Davos over the Easter break but in the end we
all decided to cancel due to really bad reports from people who were
there ... went up to Flumserberg on Sunday just to take a visitor for
sightseeing and even at the top the snow was 'slush puppie'
consistency, glad I didn't bring my skis.

You should have gone to Davos, it was excellent. There is plenty of snow
high up and the runs down are still do-able. The runs into Klosters are
pretty muddy, and there are some bare patches on the return to Davos
Dorf, but the run to Wolfgang was fine. Maybe by next weekend you'll
have to take the train down for the last section, but high up it should
be OK still.

We have spring conditions mainly, pretty slushy by the end of the day,
but then on Monday we had a few cms of fresh and even found some powder,
al be it a thin covering. All in all it is still pretty good skiing there.

HTH.
Steve