Old October 14th 04, 11:35 AM
Rut

Thanks again for the info. (Not sure what a top-poster is but it sound
negative)?

I'm aware of the type of performance demo rentals you refer to. The
last pair I rented were Soloman verse 8. They skiied extremely well.
Come to find out they were the women's model. None of these shops had
the k2 5500 or atomic c's. I asked at 3 different rental shops! One
thing I've tried to do is compare that skis' dimensions with those
that I'm looking at in hopes of finding a similar performing ski. I
know stiffness is something you don't get from the tech data, and I'm
not sure what difference a couple of mm in tip/waist width makes
either (so many questions).

Also, perhaps you can tell me what the pro/cons are of ski tails being
rounded or squared make to performance? I'm sure it has something to
do with how the tail whips around but I'm not even sure if I've
experienced that.

As far as the "energy you put in is what you get back" makes it sound
like I will have to actually work to enjoy skiing these particular
models and, perhaps, have better than average technical skill. I'm not
sure I have the "correct" technical skills nor do I want to have to
work very hard to enjoy skiing (it's not an obsession, just one sport
I can enjoy with my daughter). Makes me think I may need to back down
a notch in model (maybe a C:8 instead of c:9?).

Thanks again. I've gotten better advise here than I have at any ski
shop I've been to. Most of them seem to be staffed with local college
kids and I question their knowledge level.

Rut

Joel wrote in message . ..
On 13 Oct 2004 06:08:59 -0700, (Rut) wrote:

I'm not a fast skier

When you get better skis, and get a little better, you will be a
faster skier. And you'll love it! So make sure you get something
that'll handle that speed with your weight. I'm not up to date on the
newest cruisers, as I look for powder and tree skis now, so I can't
give you specifics. But you sound like me in my third year. So don't
underestimate yourself. The same ski that will turn well at 12MPH will
be a noodler at 30+

at
http://www.TitanNews.com