Old January 27th 04, 05:08 AM
Jason Watkins

Default Yet Another Donek Question

make sense for me to just get one of those too. My concern and reason for
posting is that I wonder wheter an Incline might be too "advanced" for me at
this stage. So what do folks think? Is such a board suitable for someone
who's ridden only a few times but thinks he's making great progress? I'm

I learned to snowboard on my donek wide 161. I don't think the board
was any problem, in fact, I think it's been a big advantage.

A more forgiving board would have been easier my first few days trying
to link turns on blue slopes. However, the slight difference in flex
and sidecut of the donek board compared to say a burton custom, really
forced me to learn more polished technique.

Once you get past the beginner stage, the difference in effort between
a donek and something softer or with a tighter sidecut radius is
really not a problem. As an intermediate, I definately liked the
advantages the flex and sidecut gives you: stability and smoothness at
higher speeds.