Old February 17th 06, 12:52 AM

Well, isn't it logical that the places around the earth that have snow
would be the places that winter athletes come from? Since, most of
the cold areas of land are in the northern hemisphere, and only a
couple in the southern---New Zealand and Australia. I can't imagine
the countries in the tropical zones would be avid snow sports centers
even if they had all the wealth in world.

The only winter sport I know much about is snowboarding. And, I know
that most of the major riders are not what I would call rich. The
vast majority of snowboarders wear whatever they can put together to
stay warm. And that has given riders a loveable reputation for
individuality in dress. And, most riders in the beginning have cheap
boards and boots. When you go big time, you get sponsored the help pay
the bills. Huck