Old September 3rd 03, 09:20 PM
ant

"Monique Y. Herman" wrote in message ...

You sound like the A-type lady I was skiing wiht last week. She asked
for some recommendations for private lessons for teh coming week, I
reeled off some names, and she said "no women! I only want to learn
from men". So I recommended our sole US instructor, who in my opinion
has a great attitude, is an excellent skiier and teacher, and just so
happens to be gorgeous as well. She emailed that she found him to be
exactly what she liked, so that all ended well.

Like I said, some women are like that, however most I encounter in ski
school and just generally chatting around the resort are of the sort I
described. I guess if you use men as the yardstick of excellence, they
are less-than men. Otherwise, they are simply different from men, and
no lesser.

So women's programmes work for the women whose learning style is being
catered-to, but it sounds as though you'd be happier hucking with the
guys.
Keystone had special names for those groups, usually clinics of
various sorts (steep n deep, bumps etc).

as to men-only lesson, I guess that's got connotations of exclusive
clubs etc. I wonder if there would be a demand for such groups? It'd
be a brave resort that had them, sadly.

ant