Old October 19th 15, 02:46 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

Default Telluride?

On Sunday, October 18, 2015 at 9:24:54 AM UTC-6, Richard Henry wrote:
I didn't ski the last two seasons due to poor snow, poor health, and poor finances. I found to my dismay that if I skied the runs I liked I fell and hurt myself (as in concussions, etc) and that I was bored skiing the trails where I was safe.

In retrospect, the period from November 2009 to May of 2013 were the best of my life - good snow (mostly), plenty of time (retired and all that), reasons to travel (2 kids at UC Davis, one of them playing soccer) past Mammoth and Tahoe (OK, so it was a bit of a detour) and adequate money (with the early-purchase senior season passes I could was able to ski 4 mountains in California, and many other areas have deals for seniors and other-area pass holders).

Now I walk with a cane most days and travel mostly by bus.

Well, the skiing ran it's course with me awhile back. Many fond memories. But I now consider the skiing I would be relegated to wouldn't measure up to what I used to do, and I've found other interests. Life goes on (the still alive thing!).