Old August 1st 05, 08:16 PM
Sam Seiber

CParker wrote:
It was 1961. There was a major blizzard that Labor Day weekend. The
leaves were still on the trees in Denver, and it brought the entire city
to a virtual stand still as limbs fell, disrupting power and making
streets impassable.

I don't know if Berthound stayed open afterward or not.

C.

Hmm, I would have been about 4.75 years old. I wasn't driving
or riding a bike around back then, so I guess that is why I
don't remember it. Didn't start skiing 'till I was 22 years
old. The story above does trigger a memory of how about 30
years later the same thing happened to Denver, and a Mayor
lost his job to Fred Pena cuz Denver streets were
impassable.

Sam "OK, I will just take a rain storm for now" Seiber