Old February 1st 05, 06:04 PM

It's still a Coiler, it'll still hold an edge with the best of 'em.
My AM
182 feels distinctly "less carve oriented" than my PR 188, and even a

little
less so that my Donek Axis 172. The Coiler feels more like it's

"snaking
carves through the snow" where the Axis, especially when pushed, has

that
classic Explosive Donek feel.

Yeah, I think the big thing for me is having a board that's suited to
my weight.

I'm very tempted to get in line for a 177 now.

Sounds like you're about to be sucked into the vortex known as

"quiveritis
maximus".

Nope, just re-evaluating what single do it all board would be best for
me. The AM skids around so easily, I don't see much of a reason to hold
back on the length/sidecut... at the very least, I'd want something
with a sidecut more like 11, even if I stuck with the same length.