Old January 31st 05, 08:11 PM
Mike T

Interesting. Thanks for relaying that along. Getting all math geek,
it'd be cool if there was some way to normalize it to board length.

Yeah, I somehow don't think it's a simple relation. A 184 is only 7%
longer than my 172, yet at the same stiffness index it's suitable for a
guy nearly 60% heavier?

More data points:

195 pounds, stiffness = average, style = average on the order form

188 PR = 6.6
184 PR = 6.7
182 AM Custom = 7.1

The AM definitely has a softer feel to it on the snow than the 188... the
184 is in snowboard heaven so I can't do a back-to-back comparison but I
remember it feeling much like the 188, just a little easier to turn tight
and a little slower to pick up speed.

I think my two "living" Coilers are enough for now; a Madd 170 and Donek
Axis 172 round out my alpine quiver and I really can't imagine any trail or
condition that can't be handled very well by one of the four boards.