Old November 17th 10, 08:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

Default Speed: Boards vs. Skis??

The Real Bev wrote:
On 11/16/10 22:02, Ted Waldron wrote:

In ,
wrote:

On 11/16/10 11:56 AM, snoig wrote:
On Nov 16, 8:44 am, wrote: I
was wondering; given the same snow and path; which
is faster Skis or Snowboards?
gr

Check the record book:
Highest Speed on a Snowboard
The highest recorded speed by a snowboarder is 201.907km/h
(125.459mph) by Darren Powell (Australia) at Les Arcs, France
on 2 May 1999.

Was he wearing baggy clothes, and pants hanging around his ankles?

Actually, I think he deserves "el cajones de hierro y un coraje de
hielo" medal..

Iron balls and anger of ice? Babelfish is a bit off sometimes.

this is what I found, just ignore the music and most of
the video, just look of trying to keep upright, it looks like he is a
nanosecond away from going to ER.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCa3OHbiiaA

Scary, but the arm-flapping remindes me of Itchy.

Except he has good reason to flap.