Old November 17th 10, 06:19 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default Speed: Boards vs. Skis??

On Nov 16, 10:02*pm, Ted Waldron wrote:
In article ,

*lal_truckee wrote:
On 11/16/10 11:56 AM, snoig wrote:
* On Nov 16, 8:44 am, *wrote:
* I was wondering; given the same snow and path; which is faster Skis or
* Snowboards?
* gr

* Check the record book:
* Highest Speed on a Snowboard
* The highest recorded speed by a snowboarder is 201.907km/h
* (125.459mph) by Darren Powell (Australia) at Les Arcs, France on 2 May
* 1999.

Was he wearing baggy clothes, and pants hanging around his ankles?

Actually, I think he deserves "el cajones de hierro y un coraje de
hielo" medal.. *this is what I found, just ignore the music and most of
the video, just look of trying to keep upright, it looks like he is a
nanosecond away from going to ER.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCa3OHbiiaA

* Highest Speed on skis
* Simone Origone (Italy) 251.4 km/h (156.2 mph); Les Arcs, France, April
* 2006

Interesting that no recent speed skiing meets have achieved better
results? Formerly the record was creeping up yearly. Maybe FIS has
stopped holding speed skiing meets?

Interesting to note that the figure on his trophy (2:25) is a man on
skis.