Old July 3rd 03, 03:42 AM
Mike Speegle

Default Congratulations to BC!!

In news:The Real Bev typed:

On the off-chance you're serious... The first (maybe only, I don't
keep up) year they had mountainbiking as an Olympic sport, the
women's event was won by an attractive blonde who had unzipped her
jersey during the race. The TV coverage was, of course, abysmal, but
there was a nice shot of the finish, with the camera centered on the
girl's chest. I think she was wearing a sports bra under the jersey.
At the time I was reading the MTB newsgroup, and her chest was the
subject of considerable discussion.

Okay, now I understand. I guess I missed that part of the Olympics
coverage. I just had no idea WTF MTB was or what you were referring to.

So women aren't always interested in the touchy-feely crap about the
contestants and their heroic/tragic stories and guys aren't always
interested in technical proficiency.

I know that, but the network admits that the touchy feely is to get
the women to watch. I think if they actually spent more time showing
the athletic endeavors of the competitors more people, men and women,
would watch.

As it is I was able to watch *all* of the SLC games coverage by
using multiple VCRs and *lots* of fast forwarding through the crap. And
NBC will continue to have the Olympics to cover through 2010. Aren't we
just ****ing lucky. :-(