Old July 2nd 03, 10:05 PM
Mike Speegle

Default It's over. :-(

Colorado ski season has closed.

[from Pali's Pitch e-mail notice this afternoon]
Closing day, Wednesday, july 2

The 2002-2003 ski season has come to an end. Mother Nature has made the
decision to end the 02-03 Colorado ski season today, July 2. We were
totally optimistic about making it until the 4th but the last few day of
hot temperatures made it unrealistic. We figured it wasn't something to
promote when our loyal riders and skiers had to hike to the base of the
lift every run. As luck would have it Arapahoe Sports has just received
a shipment of commemorative 2002-2003 season tee-shirts. If you feel
(like we do) that the Basin has had an epic 2002-2003 season, head to
our web site a little bit later this summer and you can purchase one.
--?
Mike
"Colorado Ski Country, USA" Come often, Ski hard,
Spend *lots* of money, Then leave as quickly as you can.
Rec.Skiing.Alpine.Moderated is up and working! Join in!