Old January 5th 14, 03:51 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default No glide in cold weather

On Sat, 4 Jan 2014 10:08:25 -0800 (PST)
wrote:

Thanks Gene. Not to rule out technique completely, but I should have
mentioned that last week up in Quebec I had an opportunity to compare
my skis with a similarly entry-level (Rossi Zymax)rental. The
rentals, while not great, ran appreciably better. In fact, I think
that's the only reason I was able to do 32k in one take that day.
Just two days prior I was completely wiped out after just half of
that on the same trail using my Zynex, and the trail was in better
shape. Not sure what kind of care rental skis get there, but this
experience made me wonder whether my Zynex is hard-wired for warmer
temps.

Sounds like expert shop advice needed. Where'd you buy the skis?

Gene