Old March 25th 05, 12:39 AM

My wife and I bought Ursas and E99s, respectively. She noticed that it
was
much easier for her to stay in control on tight trails than it was
skiing the more
traditional length and width skis, like E99s. I've taken the E99's to
the resort
and linked tele turns down blue runs, but this is not what the skis are
designed
for. In the backcountry, unless you're in real soft snow, it's pretty
tough to
get these things to turn. I'm using NNN/BC bindings. If you're
serious
about getting this kind of gear to turn, I'd recommend practicing under

ideal conditions.

By the way, my wife doesn't feel that the Ursa's are any slower than
the more
traditional shaped skis. I had a bad experience with rented Lookouts
(the
predecessor of the Pavo) once where they felt super slow, which steered
me
towards the lengthier E99s. In hindsight, I think that the snow was
just
really sticky that day - or something.