Old April 5th 05, 11:44 PM
VtSkier

lal_truckee wrote:
VtSkier wrote:

Booker C. Bense wrote:

_ I think you know the answer already. In general while you can stuff
AT boots into alpine bindings, there are no guarantees
about releasabilty and retention. Alpine bindings are designed to
work with a relatively smooth soled standardized
alpine boot. There are AT bindings that will are designed to
work with both AT and regular boots.
_ Booker C. Bense

I "generally" agree with this, but also responded to this
question saying that my AT boots fit my regular Marker
step-ins (not Rotamats) just fine *as long as I adjusted
the bindings for boot sole length*.

Marker has that physically sliding antifriction device at the toe - I
suggests it works with the AT lug sole whereas teflon type antifriction
pads would be probamatic. That may be why you are having good luck with
your AT boot/alpine binding rig.

But absolutely - the binding has to be adjusted for proper sole length
by setting the pre-load appropriately.

Agree and Tyrolia also has an active AFD which is why
I have them on the skis that I normally use with the
AT boots.