Old January 19th 05, 02:26 AM
Dmitry

"Brian" wrote

I'm on a Prior Men's Freeride this season, and love it... Check out what
I've had to say about it recently in this thread:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...345 30937a7e6

I've read your review, and I agree with almost everything.

Tried MFR last April at Whistler (they said it was from their first
batch of '05 boards), and apart from what you already said, my
impressions we
- it has quite a dampened and rubbery feeling to it
- edge grip on ice is not very good

Other than that, I really enjoyed it, especially after all the
uber-stiff stuff I was on before. Had the same feeling as you
did when I could push it and get a lot out of it or I slack a
bit and not get punished for that. I was surprised at how good it
handled very high speeds despite the fact that it's not very
stiff, I guess dampening is the compromise they had to make to
achieve that trait. The one I was on sucked big time on steep
ice, but I wrote that off to it being a demo and edges to be far
from perfect.