Old November 20th 05, 01:50 AM

The Real Bev wrote:
wrote:

I'd greatly appreciate if someone can:

1) Provide guidance/comments on the average January skiing conditions
on the Big Bear Mountain, CA

OK. As long as Snow Summit claims to have 2 feet of snow (manmade included),
skiing is acceptable. More is, of course, better. I've skied at Big Bear
since 198x and I have no idea what "average" means here :-(

http://www.wrcc.dri.edu/cgi-bin/cliRECtM.pl?cabibe gives average annual
December snowfall as 8.9 inches and 14.3 inches in January, but most of what
you'll be skiing on is man-made and groomed as quickly as possible.

Webcams here sometimes:

http://www.snowsummit.com/cams.php

This guy collects lots of SoCal info: http://www.skisocal.org/

2) Provide tips on where to look for a rental house (we have ~10 people
who would like to rent a house on 12/30/05 - 1/2/06

No info -- I've always done day trips, but maybe this will help:
http://www.bigbear.com/

Expect it to be crowded, and be prepared to pay top dollar. I once went up on
Jan 1 figuring that everybody else would be watching the Rose Parade and
football game. Wrong. I was also wrong about MLK Day and Teachers'
Conference Day (no school for any kid in at least two SoCal counties). All
holidays suck.

--
Cheers,
Bev

Subscribe today to "Fire in the Hole - the Quarterly Journal
for Incinerator Toilet Enthusiasts" -- Andrew