Old February 3rd 08, 11:40 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated

Default suggestion of ski resort near Boulder or enver

On Jan 26, 3:13 pm, "Mike" wrote:
wrote in message

I asked around and heard good things about Copper Mountains.

I had a hassle with the Beaver Creek (Vail, Heavenly, Breckenridge and
Keystone) ticket office last month. I gravitated towards the idea of Copper
as the place where locals go to avoid price(?). But my tix were pre paid at
BC.

I considered the Snow shoe (aka snow ho) motel near Frisco. But then read
such nightmare reviews online that I panic-splurged on a Vail Mountain
Resort Properties place. No problems there.

Arapahoe Basin had more snow than most all other resorts in the area at that
point in the season. I think that would be less of a commute than BC.

I noticed a problem between living like a king and slumming it.http://vaildaily.commight be a place to find a comfortable medium.

Crank those boards Colorado...

There's loads of snow right now anywhere in Summit County, Keystone, A-
Basin, Breck, or Copper. There might be a less expensive place to
stay on I-70 in Idaho Springs Friday night, and that would also put
you halfway to anywhere in Summit County vs staying in Denver, and
also would be probably half the cost of overnighting in Summit County.

Be prepared for very slow traffic going back toward Denver on Saturday
night, it moves slowly but ok unless there are road closures due to
avalanches or really bad accidents.

I have also stayed at either of the Motel 6's on I-70 at Kipling on
the west side of Denver, around $45 per night. Typical Motel 6, not
great, but passable.