Old January 25th 08, 02:05 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Beloved Leader

Default suggestion of ski resort near Boulder or enver

On Jan 22, 5:52 pm, wrote:
Hello All,

I am going on a buisness trip in Boulder on mid-February. I will
arrive at Denver, get a car, go to Boulder and then go back to Denver.
I plan to take an extra day (probably a saturday) to go to ski
somewhere. I can basically go to ski from Boulder or from Denver.

Eldora? You won't even need a car. On a Friday evening in February, I
took the city bus from Stapleton (it's been a while) to downtown
Denver and transferred to the bus to Boulder. I stayed at a lousy
hostel in Boulder Friday night. Early Saturday morning, I walked to
the Boulder bus transit center and boarded a bus to Eldora, along with
dozens and dozens of kids. Spent the day on the snow and then reversed
the trip that evening.

You can beat the convenience, but only if you are in Salt Lake City.
At the time, there was only one bus per day, possibly two, running
from Boulder to Eldora. SLC has several, and to different
destinations.

Google:

RTD ski-n-RideFrom Boulder, take the ski-n-Ride (Route N) to Eldora
from the RTD Boulder Station at 14th and Walnut. From Denver, take
Route B to Boulder from the Market ...
http://www.rtd-denver.com/SpecialRid...ide/index.html