Old October 17th 07, 11:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default Rollerski Boots

On Oct 17, 2:27 pm, wrote:
I was interested in the new Alpina Rollerski-specific boots after
first reading about them at some of the NENSA-sponsored rollerski
races this summer (seehttp://www.fasterskier.com/racing4533.html).
Then after seeing Freeman and many others at the Lake Placid camps i
decided to try and find more info. It turns out there was a post on
Laura Valaas' blog waiting for me on the boots, which I think are a
pretty good idea.http://www.lauravalaas.com/

has any other company tried to do this sort of thing? It seems like
something someone would have thought of years ago.I suspect some
companies might not find it worth their while to invest the time and
research to construct separate boots for rollerskiing, maybe because
of a small market, but they would be nice to have

My local shop (in Norway) has had them in for months in both classic
and skate. They appear quite nice. Too bad it doesn't get warm enough
around here to need them...

Joseph