Old October 22nd 03, 01:29 PM
Chet Hayes

Default Suggestions on a bag for flying?

Switters wrote in message ...
On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 22:53:28 GMT, (TomTom)
allegedly wrote:

Be careful, if you read the fine print some airlines won't let you put
clothing, etc into a sports equipment bag, I had mine packed to the
seams, luckily they didn't check, but I saw one guy in whistler having
to take clothes out of his gear bag. If you do put clothing in your
gear bag, bring a canvas duffle bag just in case they make you take it
out.

What airline was that with? I've never had a problem putting clothes and
other stuff into my board bag. It's just another piece of luggage. They
couldn't care less what's in it as long as it's legal and not forbidden.

- Dave.

I have a Burton chamber bag and am very happy with it. I agree with
the advice to spend a few bucks and get something sturdy, well padded
that will last. Even a top of the line bag is only the cost of 2
lift tickets and it will be the only thing protecting your gear on
airline flights.