Old October 11th 07, 02:28 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Switters

Default back on the snow

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 10:38:14 GMT, jw
allegedly wrote:

Nice! I'm envious, and I'll get over there someday soon. My sister in
law's family is British and lives in Bristol, England. She's invited

That's only a couple of hours from where I am.

me over...I'll surf Cornwall, etc.

And that's even closer, it's my choice of local spots. If you come over,
let me know and I'll show you some nice breaks (but then have to kill you
obviously, being an outsider :-)

and get down to the Alps as well.

Not quite as simple as jumping in the car for a few hours. Reckon on
about 15 hours of driving from Bristol. Alternatively use the airport to
fly to one of the many airports there.

in the day. I dawn patrol surfing quite a lot though!

Only way to beat the crowds... but nothing beats a sunset session,
especially on some of our classic West facing beaches.

It's a couple hour hike just to get to the bottom of the bowl.

Nice stuff.

You see, including the great waves we can get, New England ain't so
bad!

I don't doubt it. I've friends in Maine that I keep meaning to visit,
etc., but really, if I'm flying all that way, I'd rather keep going and
hit the Rockies.

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org.uk/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow.
Donek Sasquatch 162, Prior Pow 181, Burton Canyon 162

The Snowboard FAQ lives here - http://www.vpas.fsnet.co.uk/rssFAQ/