Old November 2nd 04, 12:20 AM
Arvin Chang

"Andy Sandford" wrote in message ...

Also, if anyone has any advice for other stiff straps I could try with my
boots I'd be very grateful...

I prefer freeriding, largely 'cos I can't spin and don't bounce like I used
to...

My board is a Donek Wide...

Cheers

Andy

Hey Andy, I recently got a pair of Catek Freerides
(http://www.catek.com/freeride.htm) and put them on my Donek Incline
155 and they just rock in terms of response and control. My pair are
modified though - the stock highback and straps have been replaced the
setup from a pair of Salomon SP6s (I bought them used). I'm slightly
skeptical of the normal strap setup, so I would suggest getting the
Pros if you have the money. The Pros are about the most expensive
bidnings I've ever seen, but if you just look at them, there is no
question as to whether you could possibly get a stiffer, more
adjustable binding. The Nidecker 900s are a bit cheaper (250 vs
330USD), with the same straps... and perhaps a bit better if you were
still taking jumps because of the added padding... but of course the
Freerides are for... freeriding... I have taken them in the park and
they are decent... but the shock of an all machined aluminum binding
is a bit more than a plastic binding - to the point that I would
prefer something else for heavy park riding.