Old October 21st 03, 07:45 AM
Greg Hilton

Default RFD: create unmoderated newsgroup uk.rec.skiing

People in the UK looking for a UK orientated group to discuss
snowsports
seems obvious.

Ok, I'm in the UK, and would NOT want to post to specific UK group. The
strength of this group is the broad range of people, you can get info
from people actually in or close to resort, who have been to many places
around Europe. I'd love to see a UK only group posting snow reports off
Teletext

The "taking of traffic" from "your" group is a non-issue. My best
advice is if the people move follow them -- but we haven't got

there
yet.

It's a big issue IMHO, if posts are taken from this NG then we could end
up with both being non sustainable.

If it ain't broke why fix it?

Greg