Old November 11th 03, 02:21 PM
Dell Todd

Default Working on V2, comparisons with V1, V1A...

Jeff

Nice job on last weekend's Duathlon. That is a cool thing you guys
have going. Sorry my V2 drill didn't work out for you. I still like
it. We obviously are doing different things, which is fine.

Regarding the "V1A" etc, get this. At the Aalberg clinic I was getting
schooled on my timing. JA said I wasn't doing V2. I said "Whattya mean
?! I am stroking once per side, what AM I doing ?"

"Double V1 I guess then."

(If I can try to describe) It was a timing issue. I wasn't pausing the
pole plant after placing my ski down. I was putting my pole & ski down
simultaneously ON EACH SIDE. Like a V1. Sorta like a V2.

So now we have the V1, the V2A, the Open Field, and now the Double V1.
However, I would not recommend the Double V1 to anyone looking to go
faster, easier !

Now that I have the timing down better, Coach Aalberg might say it
looks more like a V2. And I must say, I can see that the light bulb
has gone on for my skating, and I look forward to a quantum leap in my
percent backs this year because of this. Now I need to figure out
classic the same way. Hooboy...

DT