Old November 12th 05, 12:09 AM
uglymoney

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 11:18:05 +1100, "ant"
wrote:

uglymoney wrote:

Need some backcountry skis to bridge the gap between my tele setup and
alpine setup... still shopping.

How's the snow situation looking there? seems a slow start for a lot of
areas.

Its snowing in summit county right now. Friend just called on way
home from A-Basin and he reported stripe like conditions today.
Around these flatlands they don't open till thanksgiving no matter
what, but they will prolly start making snow in the next couple weeks
if we get some temps in the 20's, which they are now predicting.

I have gone to extremes with skis for this season. I got me some Stockli
Laser SCs (the new models, 05/06) which are bloody fast, but too narrow and
too shapely to be fun in deep. They are brilliant in moguls though, still
can't fathom why. They are slightly taller than me, too.

And, a mate where I'm going has flogged me a pair of used-twice K2 Phat
Luvs! About the same size and shape as me. I've never had real fat skis.

Ant on fats! Sweet. You'll like. Are they pink though? I'd throw
some stickers on those things to tame em down a bit.

I have a friend trying to pawn some of the Fisher Big Stix from a
couple years back for a good price, but they are soo fat, which is why
he is selling. Great skis for going fast though. He also has a line
on some 180 Explosiv's from last year for $400. Sweet rides.

I only use this gear except while on vacation, that is my problem.
Its hard to pony up for stuff that sits in a closet most of the year,
but I am going to have to pony.... or just play games on ebay for a
while.

nate