Old February 25th 05, 11:14 PM
Dean

Sean Martin wrote:

Torsional stiffness is probably the most important thing in generating good
edge hold in a turn. Put the board between your feet and try to twist it
with you hands. You'll get an idea for a stiff board and a soft one
quickly.

That explains why my Donek hugs the ice while my old board would (flex
and) slide out from under me. I stopped fearing ice almost immediately
after starting to use my Wide.

We have lots of ice in the midwest, at least in my area. Rarely any
powder. Even rarer is dry powder. And because we are shy folk we ride it
in the dark! :-) Most resorts in my area open in the evening during the
week. So, just about when the sun sets and the hills set into ice is
when I can get on them.

Dean