Old February 22nd 05, 09:14 PM
bri719

todd wrote:

You may also want to check out the new "magne-traction" shapes that
lib-tech has;
http://www.lib-tech.com/tech/magneTr...eTraction.html

If you haven't seen them, the board edge is wavey, not the traditional
sidecut straight edge.

it sounds like an interesting gimmick, might work too...but doesn't Lib
mostly make park boards?

Palmer has some interesting sidecuts on their top-end boards like the
Crown and others....it's supposed to have 'continuously' different
radii, probably thanks to some computer / mathematical design. it's a
new feature, supposed to be a notch above tri-radial sidecuts they
usually offer.

I have yet to try it out but should be getting it on my next board if I
go with one of theirs, so we'll see if I notice any difference.....I
think the point is better carving and snap out of turns, not necessarily
for better edgehold on ice, but that might result as well.

bri

--

* enjoying the karma *
remove LKJSDFJSD from address to email