Old January 15th 04, 09:13 AM
MoonMan

Default Self-described Snowboard Whore Fired

sjjohnston wrote:
In her sort-of defense, she was obviously writing as a "character" in
the the column. How fictional the character was, I can't say.

On the other hand, it's pretty stupid to write things like that
(whether or not in character) under your own name if you have an
interest in keeping your instructor job. Which suggests that either
shed didn't have much interest in keeping her job, or that she's
pretty stupid. I suspect it was the former.

If she was in this country, UK, I suspect she would have a very good case
for unfair dismissal.
I don't see how writing a satirical article could be grounds for dismissal
unless there was a specific clause in her contract. However as US employment
law is very different I would have thought she should have shown the ski
school managment the article before submitting it.

--
Chris *:-)

Downhill Good, Uphill BAD!

www.suffolkvikings.org.uk