Old January 15th 04, 04:28 AM
Mike

Default Self-described Snowboard Whore Fired

That article would have been funnier if it was published on April 1, and not
Jan. 1 (peak tourist season). I'm sure most found it offensive as well as
pointless. The editor should be fired for running the piece as it stands.

"mark" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Walt" wrote...

Courtesy of Rogers Cadenhead's Cruel Site of the Day
www.cruel.com

ASPEN, Colo. -- An Aspen Times columnist has been fired from her
job as a snowboard instructor at Snowmass after mocking her students
and their parents in a recent column.

In her Jan. 1 column, Alison Berkley described one student as a
"fat retarded kid" and "whale boy," and said students' "ultrawealthy"
parents "think I'm a miracle worker because their brain-dead kid
actually got excited about something besides video games for the
first time since the day she turned 13."

--
//-Walt
//

Maybe if she were a better instructor her students wouldn't flounder so
much?

The tone of the column suggests that she was not a first year instructor.

have to wonder why the ski/snowboard school hired her back after her first
season?
--
mark