Old January 14th 04, 09:33 PM
Chuck

Default Self-described Snowboard Whore Fired

Walt wrote in
:

Courtesy of Rogers Cadenhead's Cruel Site of the Day
www.cruel.com

http://www.aspentimes.com/apps/pbcs....40101/COLUMN/3
1231017

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/2754374/detail.html

ASPEN, Colo. -- An Aspen Times columnist has been fired from her
job as a snowboard instructor at Snowmass after mocking her students
and their parents in a recent column.

In her Jan. 1 column, Alison Berkley described one student as a
"fat retarded kid" and "whale boy," and said students'
"ultrawealthy" parents "think I'm a miracle worker because their
brain-dead kid actually got excited about something besides video
games for the first time since the day she turned 13."

Just read her comments from the aspentimes link. Her attitude reinforces
the the negative snowboarder stereotype. She probably should never have
been teaching if she really did talk to/about her students that way. If
she were teaching my kids and spoke to them the way she brags about in
the article, I'd have reported her to the management at the very least.
--
Chuck
Remove "_nospam" to reply by email