Old January 30th 09, 01:51 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Paul S

Default Les Arcs

"Ace" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 03:18:50 -0800 (PST), Excess
wrote:

On Jan 29, 10:35 am, BrritSki wrote:
I am picking BrratSki up in Les Arcs tomorrow and to avoid me driving
all the way up the mountain we are intending to meet up in Bourg St.
Maurice, but I can't google up a piste map that shows me where the link
up from Bourg arrives in Les Arcs.

Can someone advise please ? Ace, this means you

It's definitely a good idea to use public transport! I was there just
a week ago and I was shocked to see that you now have to pay for all
public parking spaces- just at 1800 and 2000 I think. There is a gate
on the road below 1800 for instance where you take a ticket and then
you pay on your way out. Think it cost ?70-?80 Euros per week so not
cheap

Did you check the parking at the bottom of the funicular? I know it
always used to be free, so I'd hope they'd leave it so to encourage
people to leave their cars down there.

Is the funicular free - or at least free with a lift pass?

Paul S