Old February 8th 06, 11:53 AM

Default Google Earth and ski area viewing

Has anyone tried google earth to vie a ski area yet?

I have known about the Sat images of the earth for a while. Back when
microsoft had its terra server up and running and then google got in on the
deal the problem was it was very low resolution images. Just recently Google
earth has added alot of new hi res scans. when I recently went on I noticed
they had the whole of west yorkshire updated. It wasn't long before I
started to look at the ski areas, damn low res but I noticed on the version
of google earth that you download you can tilt the map and view the contours
of the mountain. This is very cool, you can zoom in rotate and almost 'fly'
through the valleys.

Anyhow, I just happened to zoom into andorra and found that it was hires
images. when you zoom in you can see the pistes, lifts and even some people
and if you use your imagination you can even spot the odd mogul field.

if you haven't already got it check it out here
http://earth.google.com/

and then try (copy and paste the following position into the search box)

42°31'48.93"N, 1°27'33.05"E

Truely impressive stuff!!!!

Cheers
Paul